wills, probate and trusts
legal advice for individuals
Making a will and keeping it up to date are essential to ensure your loved ones’ futures after your death. We help clients to leave their property to those they wish to benefit, in a timely and efficient manner.
At Heckford Norton we have many years’ experience in all private client work, this includes preparing wills, obtaining grants of probate and administering estates. We advise on all aspects of legal, tax, property and estate administration affairs on your behalf. This can be complex for some estates.
Caroline Selley is proud to be part of the National Free Wills Network Scheme.
Also, we advise on all aspects of setting up and administering trusts, to benefit others in your lifetime and in the future.
Furthermore, we can help you secure your future with a lasting power of attorney.
WILLS and codicils
inheritance tax planning
protection from care home fees
grants of probate
inheritance act 1975 claims
administration of estates
advance decisions and directives
legal specialists for wills, probate, trusts and estates
When you use Heckford Norton, you will always deal with professionally qualified, legal specialists. This is particularly important if the total value of the estate exceeds the inheritance tax threshold. Also, if you’re dealing with a complex estate, such as:
- Where the will may be disputed, or there are questions about its validity.
- If there are complexities, such as assets held in trust, or requests to create a trust.
- Where a dependent was left out of the will but may make a claim.
- Where the deceased lived or died outside the UK.
- When the estate includes foreign property or assets.
- If the estate is insolvent, where debts exceed assets.
Broader legal areas that may be relevant include:
In the interests of transparency, please download our cost information in relation to probate.